Friday, April 10, 2009

Who knew.....

.....a little green button could cause so much trouble. After a somewhat stressful day of doctors appointments we had a bit of a situation last night.

I thought it would be a good idea to take the girls for their first walk together. Daddy guided S on her bike and I pushed B in the stroller. It was a good walk. I'm thinking yes, S will go down pretty easy because we've worn her out. This was not to be. S found a little green button and proceeded to put it in her nose. Yes, we caught her the first time and now we realize we should have taken it away, but we didn't. The second time she put it in her nose and when she couldn't get it out she proceeded to panic and pushed it further up. And so started our evening of a trip to Urgent Care and then to the Emergency Room. We thought Urgent Care could take care of it, but they didn't have the tools needed, because our girl had shoved the button so far up her nose they just couldn't get to it.

So off to the Emergency Room we go. Thank goodness they were not busy and we were seen to right away. After strapping her down and more screaming, a very good group of nurses and a doctor removed the button.

We had a long talk about how we don't put anything in our noses, including fingers and buttons are for shirts, pants and pj's only.

I'm tired.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Interesting how those things happen. I had a runny nose as a kid and so my mom handed me a chewable childrens tylenol and said "This is for your nose"....so guess what I did with it? Yep, in the nose. Luckily it didn't go to far and my dad was able to pull it out with a tweezers while I layed down on the kitchen table. Hope the rest of your weekend is relaxing!

jackiestamps4fun said...

Oh no! That's not a fun way to spend an evening! We never had trouble with our kids ingesting or pushing anything into themselves that didn't belong...

...but our cat ate several small rubber door stops and had to have surgery to remove one that became lodged in his intestines. Not 2 weeks later he ate another one, so back to the vet we go, along with another surgery! There are no more door stops in our home! And we had to give up our trip to Boston that year, due to the fact we spent our vacation money on our cat!

Ladybug Fanatic said...

Wow! I bet you were tired after that. Its amazing what kids do with little gadgets. I vaguely remember my siblings doing something like that as kids. Glad she is okay and well.