Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!


First of all I want to wish my dad Happy Father's Day. However, he will certainly not be reading my blog. He doesn't own a computer and I can count on one hand how many times he's gotten on one. What! I don't think he's even gotten on one, just looked at the screen when I was on one. Let me tell you a little about my dad. I call him Daddy and he is special to me, however we aren't super close. My dad is quite a bit older...in fact he just turned 80! My dad grew up during the depression on a farm. He's known what real hard work is like. Amen and Hallelujah that I didn't have to. Grow up on a farm that is, not the hard work part. He married what was considered late in life back when he and my mom got married and I'm his only biological child. From the stories that I've heard from him and others my dad was a bit of rascal. He has worked very hard his entire life. We have had to beg him to retire. I guess when work is all you've known its hard to give it up. He loves Polka music and sitting outside in the 100 degree heat (I don't share this hobby). My dad has been a good dad. We may not be close, but he's always supported me and has given me whatever I've needed. Thank you Daddy....Happy Father's Day!

Now I want to wish my husband a Happy Father's Day. He's such a sweet dad. I'm sure he never expected to be a dad to two little girls. Well, in fact I know he didn't, he's told me so. But, boy does he love his girls.

And last but not least, my father-in-law. Happy Father's Day! I know you enjoyed your day yesterday doing something you love with both your sons.

Now on to the cards....

4 comments:

Emily said...

Great "guy" cards! I like the layout of the middle one...I might have to try it sometime.

Ladybug Fanatic/Monkey Tales said...

Awesome manly cards. Like Emily, I really like the middle one. The layout is great!

Anonymous said...

Oh these are really, really nice cards!!

MommaJen said...

Love, Love, Love the middle one!